SPUG: Perl Jobs, Downtown Seattle

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Thu Jul 29 19:44:44 CDT 1999

>> Message submitted at: Thu Jul 29 17:44:45 PDT 1999

According to greg heil:

> i propose adding the following line:

I understand, but wonder how workable this would really be.

For example, if your request were to be operationally recoded
as something like this:

** What is the main product or service that this job supports?

I wonder if the information you're really after would be
forthcoming, instead of self-serving euphemisms.

Specifically, headhunters are very careful not to reveal enough
information to let you figure out the client on your own,
and approach them directly.  If our new stipulation would
be designed to have them say "this job will support on-line
pornography services in Downtown Seattle", then they might
fear that would go too far towards helping you identify the
client. So they'd want to say "support image delivery services",
and then you miss out on the very information you're after to
do your screening of the assignment.

Might be worth a try, though, to see how it works.