[Southampton-pm] Changes to Soton PM and next Social

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 09:27:57 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Since I now spend many months of the year not in UK, and also live in
Portsmouth, I would like to make the following changes to Southampton PM:

  * Move socials to Portsmouth - most people who still turn up either live
in or near Portsmouth these days.
  * Move socials to 4th Tuesday of every month - Tuesday is a day with
fewer clashes.
  * Hand over running of Southampton PM to Vytas, who has been doing most
of the work already as it is, and spends more time in Hampshire than I do.

Following on, the name Southampton Perl Mongers is not necessarily
very appropriate any more - what are the thoughts about renaming to
"Hampshire Perl Mongers"?

As tomorrow is the 4th Tuesday, it is the day for our Social! I propose
Wave Maiden pub as the place for the social:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3208431358

Hope to see you there. Do you have any other suggestions about the nature
of this group, what, and what/how we do it?

Anton