[Southampton-pm] Functional Python

GARLAND DUNCAN duncan.garland at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 5 02:34:11 PST 2015

Hi Iain,

We were chatting about functional programming in Python last night.

I sat through a presentation on functional Python last autumn. I let it wash
over me a bit, but I don't recall thinking that anything basic was missing.

I've looked up a couple of links. Python certainly regards itself as having good
functional capabilities:

http://www.oreilly.com/programming/free/functional-programming-python.csp
https://docs.python.org/2/howto/functional.html
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-prog/
http://kachayev.github.io/talks/uapycon2012/#/

On a related note, Perlude was mentioned in one of the blogs a few weeks ago. I
haven't played with it, but I've looked it up on CPAN and its functional
approach to lists handling seems interesting.

All the best.

Duncan