O'Reilly Catalog

Paul Taylor pap at sotonians.org.uk
Fri Sep 15 16:02:30 CDT 2000

Hello Mongers,

I've recently received around four O'Reilly catalogues of their entire book
range.  Apparently, they often let established mongers get free copies of
their books and such-like.  I think the reality is that they know we're a
soft target for their range of books.   Anyway, I know that some of you are
fans of the O'Reilly books, so I'll dish the cats out to whoever wants them.

I could post them, but you'll get them when the 16th edition of the Camel
book is out and Perl lets you program in a mixture of ASCII, Cyrillic and
all 10,000-odd Chinese ideograms simultaneously.  In other words, it'd
probably be a good idea to have an informal meet to discuss stuff.

I invite members of the group, as well as their Perl-curious friends.  I
think a crap pub on a quiet night might be in order.  Any
preferences?  Also, anytime in the next couple of weeks is cool, but it
might be nice to arrive at some consensus.

Anyways, get back to the list. State availability.  Turn up.  Speak. Go
home and question whether being a Monger *really* impresses the girls...

Pap.