[singapore-pm] Welcome new members!

Gaurav Vaidya gaurav at ggvaidya.com
Mon Nov 3 07:35:30 PST 2008

Hi everybody,

Sorry for being so tardy with sending out a welcome e-mail to
everybody who's joined us from SLUGnet; I've been (and continue to be)
somewhat sick, so the festivities can't begin as soon as I'd've liked.
Ah well, so it goes.

We've picked up almost a dozen members (roughly) in the last week. We
started off with around forty members, who signed up for the
Singapore.pm mailing list, back when it started in 1999, bringing our
total number up to about 54. Which isn't a bad start, I think :-).

I'd really like to get back to my pills and medicines and whatnot, so
that's all from me for now. I'll "introduce" myself properly when I'm
feeling a little more up to it, hopefully sometime later this week.
But please, go ahead and tell us all about you, where your interest in
Perl lies, and what you'd like to get out of this group. I don't care
much how technically adept or scintillatingly cutting edge this group
becomes, as long as its a nice place to relax, talk Perl - or anything
peripherally related - and to be nice to one another in. Larry Wall
once wrote of Perl that he hoped it would build "healthy communities";
I think that's an excellent goal for Singapore.pm to have.

So: introductions, discussions, hellos, or welcomes. Go ahead, say
what you like. The microphone is on.

cheers,
Gaurav