[singapore-pm] RFC: A "Singapore Perl Directory"?

Gaurav Vaidya gaurav at ggvaidya.com
Sat Dec 6 07:32:47 PST 2008

Hey everybody,

I've been trying to come up with ways of finding the other Perl
programmers in Singapore (it can't just be the forty of us, right?).

What are your thoughts on assembling a Singapore Perl Directory? A
small database of companies using Perl in Singapore, maybe with a
small blurb on what they use it for. It'll help Perl programmers look
for new jobs, reassure university and school-level Perl programmers
that jobs are available for them when they graduate, and be a
promotional tool for the language itself (look at all these cool
programs/websites/systems run by Perl!). And it'll be pretty easy to
do (I imagine a bunch of text files which are "processed" into a
WebMake template for our website).

I think the following fields will be appropriate:
- Company name
- Link to website
- Logo (must be small, size TBD)
- Blurb (what Perl is used for, how many people work on it, what
benefits it gives, why it was/is being used)

Let me know what you think. Barring any major arguments against, I'll
try and have a few entries up by next weekend.

cheers,
Gaurav