[SP-pm] License to use the image of the Camel.

Thiago Rondon thiago at aware.com.br
Mon Mar 11 06:58:43 PDT 2013

Hi !

I'm a developer and enthusiast Perl. I participate in some groups (Perl Mongers) here in Brazil, and often participate in events to prome the language.

Whenever I need to use the Camel image, because there isn't much about the license in http://oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/perl/usage/ . I'm not sure about how, if or when I can use. Or even if it should be used at all!

The camel is a fantastic symbol, and who today wouldn't think of it when talking about Perl? I know you are the creator, and I'm sure all Perl professionals and enthusiasts have an enormous amount of affection for you, because of this. :)

We could be seeing a lot more of the Camel around, in the opensource and software community, if it were to be licensed in simpler and easier to understand terms. Preferably in one of the Creative Commons licences, such as CC-by or CC-by-sa.

Right now, I need to promote the language in a commercial event, and would love to use the Camel, and would love to be able to do that without having to ask every single time if "it's ok".

Thanks!
-Thiago Rondon