[SP-pm] O Futuro do Perl/CPAN

Nelson Ferraz nferraz em gmail.com
Domingo Maio 18 19:55:31 PDT 2008

2008/5/18 Lorn <lorn.br em gmail.com>:
> O Artigo diz uma coisa que o Breno do RJ sempre fala:
>
> "Why do we need Getopt::Whatever, we already have Getopt::Long"
> "Why do we need another templating system?"
> "Why do we need Jifty/Catalyst/whatever? We already have Maypole."
> "Why do we need Perlbuzz, we already have use.perl.org?"

Opa! Estas são apenas questões retóricas, o ponto de vista defendido
no artigo é exatamente o contrário:

"...we must be willing to launch new projects, even if they're similar
to existing projects. It could be a module, or a website, or an entire
application. The knee-jerk resistance to diversity often sounds like
this:

    * "Why do we need Getopt::Whatever, we already have Getopt::Long"
    * "Why do we need another templating system?"
    * "Why do we need Jifty/Catalyst/whatever? We already have Maypole."
    * "Why do we need Perlbuzz, we already have use.perl.org?"

I've never understood this fear."