[SP-pm] [OFF] Certificação

Nelson Ferraz nferraz em gmail.com
Quarta Junho 27 06:05:22 PDT 2007

On Jun 27, 2007, at 1:49 PM, Otávio Fernandes wrote:
> sou programador, mas estou levantando a questão apenas para valor de
> mercado mesmo. eu tenho 5 anos de experiência, com desenvolvimento,
> bastante vivência com GNU/Linux, porem, ainda não me graduei, e queria
> algum "deproma" pra enriquecer o meu CV, o primeiro que me veio à
> cabeça é a RHCE ...

Você já deu uma olhada no LPI? Parece-me uma certificação mais
abrangente do que a da RedHat, e eles se descrevem como "an open,
vendor-independent process".

Sobre as perguntas sobre opções obscuras de comandos, eles respondem
no FAQ:

Q: There are many questions about obscure options for commands. Why
are we supposed to know them? I am an experienced Linux professional,
and I still consult the man pages!

A: Although we try to avoid focusing on test items like these, they
are, psychometrically speaking, useful and valid. The goal of LPI's
tests is to identify competent, experienced people from among
unqualified people. Experienced people tend to know more of these
options than inexperienced people. For example, an experienced
administrator might answer 50% of these questions correctly, versus
only 10% by novices. So, as much as you may dislike them, these
questions serve as an excellent differentiator. Moreover, in our item
pilot testing process we investigate the quality of new pilot
(unscored) test items. If nobody answers the item correctly (or if
everybody does), the item is useless and is removed. All scored test
items on our exams have characteristics that are useful in making the
distinction between qualified and unqualified persons.

http://www.lpi.org/en/lpi/english/about_lpi/faq/2_exams

[]s

Nelson