[Santa-rosa-pm] Modeling synthetic biological software approaches

William Heath wgheath at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 14:22:16 PDT 2007

Hi All,

Regardless of what language we use fundamentally I think we have
agreed that this is a constraints based algorithm that should be used
to model how cells work.  I just talked with a physics phd friend I
have and he mentioned that is really a constraint minimization
problem.  I saw some truth to this in that the cell itself is always
trying to minimize differentials between itself and the outside world
via endocytosis, osmosis etc...  Proteins fold based on minimizing
free energy usage.  How does that sound to you all?

-Tim