[Santa-rosa-pm] The guy who is trying to do the np-complete problem

William Heath wgheath at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 21:51:37 PDT 2006

Hi All,

I just wanted to say how much I appreciated all the help I received last
night on my job shop scheduling heuristics analysis.  Some people were
interested in seeing the code as I have written it so far to solve this
problem using a greedy algorithm as Tom Anderson put it.  You can download
the code at:

http://edusmart.cvs.sourceforge.net/edusmart/perlMRPScheduler/

Let me know your suggestions!

Thanks,

Tim

P.S.

I am working on getting my jifty stuff ready for you all to look at.  The
test client for my scheduler creates the 6000 jobs that have to be scheduled
in 30 seconds and you can see it fail.  (I thought it was 30,000, but it is
just 6000)  I also can't wait to try Tom's genetic algorithm approach!  Also
as you can see this code is hosted on my sourceforge account so the cvs
works if you want access let me know.  You can always download the code
anonymously.