[Santa-rosa-pm] Getopt::OO

Steve Smith sjs at sonic.net
Sun Jan 23 14:40:18 PST 2005

Hi All

I'll be bring a couple of six-packs to the meeting this
weekend.  I have a bit of a celebration to -- uh --
celebrate :)  I just did my first CPAN module and it's
called Getopt::OO.

It does the same basic stuff as Getopt::Long, but lots more.
The interface is object oriented, and it allows you to
associate help and the parsing process so it can do most of
the work in building a usage statement.

If you have the time to play with it, please take a look.
I'd appreciate any feedback.  Please make sure you get
version 0.04 which was just submitted.

There's a fairly complicated example in the Demos directory
called Giant.pl that demos almost all the features of the
module.

Thanks
Steve S.