Perl Quickie

Jay Di Silvestri jay at adei.com
Mon Apr 5 13:15:43 CDT 1999

I think that the answer is in the pack function, but I don't work with
hex numbers enough to get working code.   I'm forwarding this to the
group list.  Perhaps someone will know.  I was surprised to find out
that print "\x23", will print that character, but $foo="23"; print
"\x${foo}"  will not yield the same result.

here is the info on joining  Sonoma.pm
<announce>
Sonoma.pm  (a local Perl Mongers group) is now forming.   The group will

be a resource for Perl programmers at all experience levels.  You can
join the mailing list by sending the following command to
majordomo at hfb.pm.org: subscribe  santa-rosa-pm-list
Please post any ideas/suggestions that you have for the group to that
list,
or if you prefer, send mail to jay at adei.com</announce>