[sf-perl] Volunteers needed for Perl dev room at FOSDEM (online)

Dean Hamstead dean at fragfest.com.au
Thu Nov 11 18:57:58 PST 2021

Sharing this here as I am on TPF Marketing committee and the deadline is
very soon.

---

FOSDEM will run online on 5-6 February 2022 and is calling for
participation <https://fosdem.org/2022/news/2021-11-02-devroom-cfp/>.
The Marketing Committee would like to run a Perl dev room (basically a
talk track), but need volunteers and speakers to assist.

Talks need to be prerecorded and uploaded prior to the conference, which
are then streamed to participants with Q&A after each.

Before we request the room from FOSDEM and call for speakers, we need
volunteers to assist with both organizing and supporting speakers.

We need 2-3 people who can meet regularly and spend time planning it,
encouraging calls for papers, helping speakers record their talks as
needed, supporting the management of our dev room on the day, including
the collation of recordings etc.

If you can commit to support, we can submit a proposal for dev room
(deadline is 23:59 UTC, Monday 15 November).

Please contact nic at perlfoundation.org by 12 noon UTC, Monday 15 November
if you can help.

---

https://news.perlfoundation.org/post/fosdem-volunteers-call-for-participation