[sf-perl] Jeff Goff

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Mon Mar 16 08:09:49 PDT 2020

I worked with Jeff closely on an internationalization project at Turnitin
about 10 years ago. Jeff taught me a lot about i18n, especially why you
can't figure out what language a set of bytes is just from the octets.

Jeff told me how one time he was riding the DC metro reading a discrete
math book, and he was approached by an NSA recruiter on the train.

Jeff was a one of a kind soul, I talked with him a few times after
Turnitin. He had a dry sense of humor that I always appreciated.

1;