[sf-perl] push() practice: misplaced semicolon creates list elements within array?

William Michels wjm1 at caa.columbia.edu
Wed May 1 11:43:11 PDT 2019

Hello Richard and thank you for your comment,

I'm not sure I have clarity on the use of semicolons in Perl 6. Most
references in the documentation refer to the semicolon as a statement
separator. Many references point out where semicolons are optional
(e.g. particular lines within blocks).

Now for multi-dimensional arrays, I see commas being used as
'dimensional-separators", and semicolons used to slice a
multi-dimensional array.

>From RosettaCode:

# Multi dimension arrays may be predeclared which constrains the
indices to the declared size:
>my @dim5[3,3,3,3,3];

#Creates a preallocated 5 dimensional array where each branch has 3
storage slots and constrains the size to the declared size.
#It can then be accessed like so:
@dim5[0;1;2;1;0] = 'Perl 6';
say @dim5[0;1;2;1;0]; # Perl 6

https://rosettacode.org/wiki/Multi-dimensional_array#Perl_6

Seems to be different from the push() issue. --B.