[sf-perl] perl 6 group: next meeting Sunday May 27th

Joseph Brenner doomvox at gmail.com
Tue May 22 13:31:23 PDT 2018

We had another successful meeting of the "Perl 6 Informal Study
Group", where the emphasis continues to be on the "Informal" part.

Since we've now thoroughly covered Chapter 3 from the Moritz Lenz
book "Fundamentals of Perl6" let's move on the Chapter 4-- try to
take a look at it before the next meeting, if you can.

The focus of Chapter 4 is date and time crunching, using the perl 6
core module DateTime to convert back and forth between unix
seconds and more readable formats.

The highlights here, I would say, are: using custom formatting
routines passed in as anonymous subs, writing perl 6 test code
and using "multi sub"s-- multiple subs with the same name
distinguished by the types of their arguments.

Next meeting: Sunday, May 27th at 1pm at the Blue Oak Cafe in the
Oakland Museum.

https://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Perl/events/znrzrpyxhbkc/