[sf-perl] video for "Learning Go" talk

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Thu Jun 30 17:26:15 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 09:13:13AM -0700, Joseph Brenner wrote:
> There's a video up for Fred Moyer's last talk "Learning Go for Perl
> Programmers", over at the internet archive:
>
> https://archive.org/download/LearningGoForPerlProgrammers

I quite liked watching it, and learned some new things.  It's quite
timely, as Go is in my very near future :)

> Let me know what you folks think of it...  it still seems a little
> big to me at 400Mb for an hour long talk, I might try to squeeze it
> down a little further (the video bitrate is down at 2000 now, but
> maybe I could reduce that another 25%, and the frame rate is up at
> 29.97 fps when 24 fps would probably be fine, but blender makes it
> awkward to change the frame rate after-the-fact...).

If this were somehow up in the TB range, it might still be worth
discussing how to make it smaller, but as it is, it's pretty tiny.

Just my $.02, that being approximately how much the storage for the
current size costs if it's an ordinary SSD, much less if it's rotating
media.

Best,
David.
--