[sf-perl] Hello! :)

Brad Lhotsky brad.lhotsky at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 21:32:36 PDT 2016

I would be very happy to do a joint meet up.  I don't necessarily see
"PostgreSQL vs Graphite" as a subject I can speak to though.  They are both
awesome tools and I'd never use one for the same purpose as I'd use the
other.  But I think the two projects embody some of the best aspects of
Perl.  I had an idea for a talk about "what data store to use for what?"
 It's not a 'vs' but a "What are the strengths and weakness of various data
stores?"  On my radar are PostgreSQL, MySQL, Graphite, OpenTSDB, and
ElasticSearch.  I can cover how a project might use 2 or 3 of the projects
together for better results.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Joseph Brenner <doomvox at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure that could work.
>
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Quinn Weaver <quinn at pgexperts.com> wrote:
> > On 2016-08-23 12:43 PM, Joseph Brenner wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey Brad, good to hear from you.  Yes, actually it all sounds
> >> good.  If it were up to me, I'd really wanna hear something like
> >> "Timeseries databases: Graphite vs Postgresql".
> >

> > I'd be very interested in this as well, if Brad's up for it! I help run
> the
> > PostgreSQL Users' Group. I'd love to work on setting up a joint meeting.
> > Brad and Joe, is this something that would appeal to you?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Quinn Weaver
> > PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.