[sf-perl] Vote for Fred Moyer for White Camel Award

Quinn Weaver quinn at pgexperts.com
Mon Mar 25 11:00:12 PDT 2013

On Mar 25, 2013, at 10:34 AM, Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer wrote:

> Hey everyone-
>
> Nominations are now being accepted for the White Camel Award:
>
> http://whitecamelawards.mobrater.com/list#sort_by=score
>
> I suggest voting for our own Fred Moyer.

Done!

>  I think Fred has done a fantastic job running SF.pm.  We've had very regular and productive meetings, and the attendance is always strong. That's really hard to accomplish in a place like San Francisco where we have to compete with so many other technology meetups.  Running a PM group is no small task, and that kind of grass-roots effort is key to the future success of Perl.  I hope you'll join me and vote for Fred.

I agree! I know from experience that running SF.pm is a lot
more work than it appears. Fred et al. have really taken it
to the next level.

I wonder if there's some way we can modify this entry to include
others who are involved in SF.pm, such as Joe Brenner, who has been
involved in finding many of the speakers.

Regards,

--
Quinn Weaver
PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.