[sf-perl] What CPAN modules do we maintain/contribute to?

Joseph Brenner doomvox at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 10:28:18 PDT 2013

Fred Moyer <fred at redhotpenguin.com> wrote:

> VM Brasseur <sfpm at vmbrasseur.com> wrote:
> > I was on the phone with a Perl friend last week and the topic of CPAN
> came
> > up. He asked what modules we in SF.pm maintained. I confess, aside from
> Jeff
> > Thalhamer's Pinto I had no idea.
> >
> > So, hey, fun roll call! Sound off here to let us all know what module(s)
> you
> > maintain or to which you contribute.
>
> I help maintain mod_perl, SOAP::Lite, String::Strip, WWW::Salesforce,
> WebService::Yahoo (author), Class::Factory, Class::DBI::Sweet,
> Business::PayPal, Any::URI::Escape (author), and a number of other
> modules nobody has probably heard of.

I've got a bunch of attempts on CPAN, but the one people actually seem to
use is the small Text::Capitalize module (which does title casing).
Similarly David Muir Sharnoff has quite a bit of good work on CPAN, but he
mentioned to me his Text::Wrap seems to be one of the more widely used.
(I think there's a lesson here for potential module-authors...).

Getting something like a comprehensive list of CPAN stuff SF Perl people
have worked on would be tricky because the boundaries of the group are a
bit fuzzy.
Do you include Tatsuhiko Miyagawa?  Jeremy Zawodny?