[sf-perl] Do you have a tidy style? Emacs/cperl and perltidy.

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Wed Jan 23 15:45:56 PST 2013

Joseph Brenner writes:
 >  George Hartzell <hartzell at alerce.com> wrote:
 > > In particular I'd like to acquire/develop a perltidy config and a set
 > > of cperl settings + finger habits (e.g. do/don't kick a brace onto a
 > > newline when editing) that match each other.
 >
 > There are some funky features in that direction built into cperl-mode,
 > though they're off by default.   Have you ever tried running it with
 > (setq cperl-hairy t)?
 >
 > (I kind of hate it, myself, I'd rather be in charge of when my closing
 > braces get entered.  Doing it automatically might be more efficient
 > for typing raw code, but we spend most of our time editing existing
 > code.)

I agree with you, that's what I was trying to say about the finger
habits.  Most of what I want out of cperl mode is indenting and font
lock, both of which I use as a hint that there's a syntax problem
somewhere nearby.  Things like whether to cuddle elses (is this an
adult oriented list?) and where braces go are all on me (and soon on
perltidy...).

g.