[sf-perl] Do you have a tidy style? Emacs/cperl and perltidy.

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Tue Jan 22 14:58:36 PST 2013

I'm New Years cleaning, updating my emacs versions and configurations,
learning a bit about newer tools, etc....

I've been coding in emacs using cperl mode for a while.  I tend to use
a pretty vanilla coding style, I keep it consistent and it's
nice-and-lazy to use cperl's defaults.  It looks good enough.

I'd like to start using perltidy.

[Part of this interest has come from following the go list and their
 use of gofmt.]

In particular I'd like to acquire/develop a perltidy config and a set
of cperl settings + finger habits (e.g. do/don't kick a brace onto a
newline when editing) that match each other.  Code that I'm writing
should come out pretty tidy and code that's tidy shouldn't stress out
my emacs session.

Does anyone in monger-land have any perltidy.rc files and/or cperl
configs that they'd like to share?  Paired would be great, but
interesting/practical examples of one or the other would be good
reading too.

Thanks,

g.