[sf-perl] javadoc for perl?

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Mon Jan 14 22:20:05 PST 2013

Doxygen (last time I looked) handled Python in very much this manner:

> Generate pseudo Java code from OO Perl
> and run it through JavaDoc maybe?

However, parsing Perl is famously difficult, so even a surface parse
might be a challenge.  In related news, I'm quite interested in Rich
Hickey's codeq project:

 http://blog.datomic.com/2012/10/codeq.html

It has the potential to be the basis for a polyglot documentation
generation suite, supporting arbitrary queries, follow-on analysis,
etc.  The project is still in its infancy, but if you could create
an "analyzer" (ie, metadata harvester) for Perl, it should be quite
possible to add the results to Codeq's Datomic database schema and
see whether it seems to be a fit.

-r

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com

Software system design, development, and documentation