[sf-perl] Is Perl helping Mother Jones to cope?

smurph smurph at smurph.org
Fri Sep 21 08:10:15 PDT 2012

Hi Rich,

There's not a lot of Perl in our stack here at Mother Jones right now.
For an organization of our size and resources, scaling has been mostly
about finding the right folks to outsource the things to.  I'd be happy to
chat about it on Tuesday though.

The Perl Mongers community, however, has been really great for keeping up
with what folks are doing out there on other parts of the web.  For
example, here is a data vizualization that we did using the D3 library you
presented about earlier in the year:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/06/interactive-chart-super-pac-election-money

-smurph