[sf-perl] getting the salutations out of an email.

Richard Reina gatorreina at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 07:45:26 PDT 2012

I have a text files that need to be word wrapped neatly so they can be
turned into emails. They consist of:

Dear (or Hello) Jim,

Nice meeting with you on Thursday.  Blah
blah, blah.
blah, blah, blah,

Thanks,

Richard

Text::Wrap does a great job in breaking up and wrapping the lines my
problem is that since it removes all the "\n" s
I end up with:

Dear Jim, Nice meeting with you on Thursday.  Blah
blah, blah.
blah, blah, blah, Thanks, Richard

To counter this I began writing various conditionals that try to guess the
first and last lines of the file so that they can be preserved separately
and added after Text::Wrap has done it's work.  However, it's very
convoluted and I am not so confident it will work.  So I am wondering if
anyone know of a better way to accomplish the task?

Thanks,

Richard