[sf-perl] All these Perl web frameworks

yary not.com at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 11:57:14 PDT 2012

Hiya ppl,

I need to add some images, update the news etc on my wife's site
http://goncarova.com/ and in general it needs a complete redesign,
front end and back end both... That will probably be done by a friend
who does it for a living. Still it had me daydreaming and searching
around for what I would use, and was wondering if you would care to
discuss/post a comparison of the following frameworks. Why would you
pick one over the other, what differentiates them?

Catalyst- http://www.catalystframework.org/ - grandaddy of the big
active frameworks? Lots of modules / flexibility?

Mojolicious- http://mojolicio.us/

Dancer- http://perldancer.org/

Poet- http://search.cpan.org/~jswartz/Poet-0.09/lib/Poet/Manual/Intro.pod
- sorry I am not in San Fran anymore and missed the presentation!
Slides / video available?

And I'm going to toss in an older, not so popular framework that I
looked into a few years ago, which is still maintained: jifty-
http://jifty.org/view/HomePage

-y