[sf-perl] [job] Senior Perl developers wanted at ChargeSmart/Verifone

Jonathan Swartz swartz at pobox.com
Wed Feb 1 10:15:18 PST 2012

ChargeSmart (http://chargesmart.com/) is a thriving and innovative payments company within Verifone (NYSE: PAY). We're seeking multiple senior Perl developers to build advanced web applications.

What we use:
* Clean, modern OO Perl - Moose, PSGI/Plack, Dancer, DBIx::Class, Perl::Tidy
* Linux, Apache/mod_perl 2, svn, mysql (eventually postgresql), memcached

We've got a strong team of Perl developers including several prolific CPAN authors.

Our office is in the heart of San Francisco's financial district, though we are growing fast and expect to move to a larger space near Montgomery St BART in the near future. Primarily seeking locally based permanent employees though we're open to contract-to-hire. We like to work together in the office but have a liberal work-from-home-or-cafe policy.

ChargeSmart has three main products:
* Bill Payments - on pace to process $250 million dollars of consumer payments in the coming year
* Direct - providing merchants a turnkey e-commerce solution for accepting credit card payments on their site
* Mobile - poised to make a huge impact in the disruptive mobile payments space

We've recently become part of the Verifone family, which gives us greater market opportunities and the resources to offer competitive benefits and salaries.

Please reply with resume (text format is fine) and details about your Perl and software engineering experience. Code samples from CPAN or github a plus. Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks
Jon