[sf-perl] Pure perl Moose

yary not.com at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:30:28 PDT 2012

Hi folks,

I see references to Moose being pure-Perl, but I don't see any
instructions on builiding & installing the PurePerl variation. Anyone
here have any ideas/tips?

I have been manually building its dependencies, which have both
PurePerl and XS versions, with some success, but have reached a point
where Moose is asking for Class::Load::XS even though I have
Class::Load::PP installed.

As an FYI,, I started with building Mouse (not Moose) as a Pure Perl
variant and it mostly worked, but alas, the MouseX::NativeAttributes
gave those "strange errors' with Mouse::PP that didn't happen with
Mouse::XS. Which made me want to try the Pure Perl Moose. And if
someone were to say "Moose used to work in pure perl, but now has XS/C
dependencies," I would reply, "Point me to the latest Moose that was
Pure Perl." This code is only making use of the basic Moose bits, it
is fine with Mouse::XS, and it does not need to be the latest &
greatest.

Thanks

-y