[sf-perl] hackfest tomorrow night

Joseph Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 23 14:44:46 PDT 2012

As I'm sure y'all have heard, we've got a "hackfest" coming up tomorrow night:
  http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Perl-Mongers/events/61368142/?a=cr1_grp&rv=cr1&_af_eid=61368142&_af=event

This one is at a new location for us, so I'm being anal about
underlining where it is: this is "Muddys" on Valencia Street, at the
corner of 24th Street.   It's close to the 24th Street BART stop, just
down the hill from Noe Valley along the 48 bus route:

   http://g.co/maps/av5wp

'Tis not to be confused with the similar place on Valencia, with a
similar name,  up by 16th Street.

Muddys has some serious coffee (a dark French Roast, though without
the burned/carmelized flavor the Four Barrel fans are into), and it
has some pretty serious chocolate cake, but if you're in need of food
I'd suggest getting a burrito from Papalote's around the corner (or
from one of the less slick, but more authentic Mission and 24th
places, like Taco Loco or El Farralito's).  Muddys is relaxed enough
that no one is going to care if you bring some food in with you.

We don't really have a particular theme in mind for this one, though
if anyone wants to suggest one, feel free.