[sf-perl] regular expression ?

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Mon Sep 26 13:32:32 PDT 2011

is there any appreciable loss (performance or otherwise) in compiling
one's regex's even if they don't end up being used in a loop or
frequently called subroutine?  i do it as a matter of course.

also, i tend not to trust whitespace.  for me this:

  m/looking for some phrase/

would become:

  m{ looking \s+ for \s+ some \s+ phrase }xms

i might even add the /i for case insensitivity.

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.
***