[sf-perl] Undefined Soubroutine

Richard Reina gatorreina at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 11:42:47 PDT 2011

I have a module called Fax.pm that submits faxes to a local fax server. It
is called by another program called User_utilities.pl.  Everything has
worked great for years until recently when I added the following lines to
Fax.pm

require "/usr/local/src/rushclient/rush_opps/get_hist.pl";
my $hist = get_hist();

The problem is that sometimes I *SOMETIMES* I get:

Undefined subroutine &Fax::get_hist called at Fax.pm line 130.

After getting this error if I restart User_utilities.pl and try again it
works. However, if User_utilities.pm is left running and I try to use Fax.pm
again, I get the error again.

Does anyone know what might be causing this error and what I might do to fix
it?