[sf-perl] [meeting] Pegex and Acmeism

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Sat Oct 15 11:08:19 PDT 2011

At 9:00 AM -0400 10/15/11, yary wrote:
> Is it even possible to get a job as a programmer if you
> only know one programming language? grrr.

I recall chatting with a software manager who said that he
wanted to have all of his developers using the same language
(Ruby, in this case).

I suggested that even in a supposedly Ruby shop, developers
would typically work in several other languages, including
CSS, HTML, JavaScript, and XML.  Not to mention dialects and
DSLs such as Chef, ERuby, jQuery, rake, etc.

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com

Software system design, development, and documentation