[sf-perl] why I love CPAN (and Plack)

Tatsuhiko Miyagawa miyagawa at bulknews.net
Tue May 24 14:34:38 PDT 2011

Very nice :)

Applying middleware to remote websites using Proxy app is probably one
of the greatest things you can do with Plack. You can also do the same
to your legacy app using WrapCGI, or with PHP FastCGI application
using FCGIDispatcher, etc. etc.

Mind if I "reblog" this on my Plack/perl blog, Michael?

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Michael Friedman
<friedman at highwire.stanford.edu> wrote:
> I had to make an iPhone-compatible version of a third-party website at work recently, so I searched CPAN. What did I find, but a perl one-liner iPhone-rewriting web proxy!
>
> plackup -MPlack::App::Proxy -e 'builder {enable iPhone; Plack::App::Proxy->new(remote => "http://search.cpan.org/") }'
>
> (Plack::Middleware::iPhone)
>
> Wow. This is why I love CPAN. I installed one module (well, with dependencies it installed a few more), ran one single-line script, and it's all working just fine.
>
> Thanks to everyone who made a potential week's worth of work into a single hour! (Especially Patrick Donelan and Tatsuhiko Miyagawa. Awesome work!)
>
> -- Mike

Tatsuhiko Miyagawa