[sf-perl] local::lib

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Mon Mar 21 11:21:18 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 7:47 AM, Matthew Lanier <matt at lanier.org> wrote:
> perl folk-
>
> i helped a coworker through local::lib setup last week, in exchange for him
> writing up the steps to share.  here they are (pardon his snark....)
>
> http://blog.cmyers.org/index.php/2011/03/18/reproducble-change-controlled-perl-deployment-with-locallib/

Maybe I'm missing the point of local::lib, but the same goal can be
accomplished by installing a copy of perl in a non-system directory
with the PREFIX option:

sh Configure -Dprefix=$HOME/perl

This has the added benefit of not needing the local::lib module
dependency, making the program portable across any Perl installation
that has the required modules installed.