[sf-perl] Dumb Q's about CPAN submission
greg at blekko.com
Fri Mar 4 11:51:58 PST 2011
I'm trying to submit my first CPAN modules and I have some dumb
questions that I haven't found answers for.
1) I think the process should be:
* submit a test version (how do I indicate that? $VERSION = '1.00_1' ?)
* cpan smokers send me emails showing breakage
* fix bugs, rinse repeat, when done, use $VERSION = '1.00' to release
2) I have dependencies with YAML and Test::More -- the one other
system I tried had an older version of Test::More which doesn't
How do I figure out which versions to ask for? Or should I just avoid
done_testing() in cpan modules, so as to tolerate older versions?
Thanks! Pointers to the right FM are as welcome as direct answers...
More information about the SanFrancisco-pm