[sf-perl] Flash survey

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Thu Jan 20 22:22:50 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Joe Brenner <doom at kzsu.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Fred Moyer <fred at redhotpenguin.com> wrote:
>
>> Most recent CPAN module that you used (or updated), go.
>
> CPAN, *not* core? I was just hacking on some old code that I see uses:

Core modules? I was using File::Basename and FindBin recently.  That
felt very old-school. I decided to use explicit export lists:

use FindBin '$Bin';
use File::Basename qw( basename dirname );

though an argument could also be made for fully qualified names:

use FindBin (); # () prevents it from importing, so it doesn't junk up
your namespace
use File::Basename ();

my $path = $FindBin::Bin
my $dir = File::Basename::dirname($path);

And of course I use the living daylights out of Test::More on a daily
basis. Don't we all? =)

--
Quinn Weaver Consulting, LLC
Full-stack web design and development