[sf-perl] scalars leaked

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 25 20:21:15 PDT 2011

I ran into similar problems (though not that particular message) with using threads on perl 5.8.6. After much hair-pulling I gave up on using real threads and installed "forks" from CPAN. It uses the same API as threads, but forks off a new perl interpreter for each one. It's not as fast as using threads would be, but a) it works now and b) I won't have to change the logic when we do finally upgrade to a more modern version of perl. You might want to check it out.

-- Mike

Mike Friedman | HighWire Press, Stanford Univ | <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>