[sf-perl] [poll] What Perl IDE do you use?

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Fri Apr 15 00:17:17 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:10 AM, Michael Friedman
<friedman at highwire.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Oh, that does look good.
>
> I currently use remote CVS and SVN, so I just copy all the code to my local machine to work on it, but that does mean that I'm constantly scp'ing it to the server to run the tests. I'd thought about MacFusion, to mount an ssh disk, but now I'm going to look into  mounting our NFS server instead.

Emacs has a solution to this problem called TRAMP, whereby you can
transparently edit files on remote servers as if they were on your
local disk. It works over ssh, scp, ftp, etc… it even does multi-hop
ssh. It's a bit tricky to configure, but once you get it working it
can be a lifesaver.

--
Quinn Weaver Consulting, LLC
Full-stack web design and development