[sf-perl] Test::simple not showing name of a test

yary not.com at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 12:43:47 PDT 2010

Before I break for lunch, gonna ask my current head-scratcher. Anyone
know why Test::Simple would decide not to show the name of a test?

I have a line in my test script that is in a loop and says
ok( $out =~ $expected,'xyz' )
print "Just ran xyz\n"

test output looks like this:

1..6
ok 1 - xyz
ok 2 - previous test wrote trigger DataReady.txt
Just ran xyz
ok 3 - trigger file has proper contents
ok 4 - previous test should not write extraneous trigger file(s)
ok 5
Just ran xyz
ok 6 - previous test should not write extraneous trigger file(s)

where tests 1 & 5 are the "xyz" test. Why would #5 not say "ok 5 - xyz"?

-y