[sf-perl] [off topic][screen] limit new window creation within screen?

Mark Grimes mgrimes at cpan.org
Fri Oct 15 10:47:33 PDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Matthew Lanier <matt at lanier.org> wrote:
> thanks for pointing that out, that was a mistype in my message, not my
> screen.  i indeed did 'aclchg guest -wx "#".  good spot, though.

I'm not sure if it was clear, but the important change is adding the
question mark (?) to the list of items to apply the permission to. The
hash mark (#) represents the specified user's ability to type, the
question mark (?) is the user's ability to issue commands. So if you
add the question mark, they shouldn't be able to create a new window:

   aclchg guest -rwx "#?"

FYI, I think the "r" is ignored, you can leave it out if you want.