[sf-perl] PBI - Perl Hack and Chat Sessions

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 16 12:57:13 PDT 2010

Matthew Lanier <matt at lanier.org> wrote:

> we've been the 4th tuesday of the month since our inception.

I think Rich is talking about an additional gathering, not a replacement
for one of the regular monthly meetings

> Rich Morin wrote:

> > Scheduling things for the fourth or fifth week can also be a
> > problem.

An oddity of our 4th-Tuesday scheme is that this is usually equivalent
to "last Tuesday", but not always.

> > That said, I have considered opening up part of the evening for some
> > sort of Lightning Talks, etc.  For example, folks might want to say
> > a few words about their current projects, tools they find interesting,
> > etc.  Still feeling my way on this...

Yah.  I appreciate that freeform can work really well, but I also
suspect that some small effort at structuring it might help.

We could do it Burning Man style: announce a "theme", but make no effort
to keep people on theme.