[sf-perl] Padre Perl IDE .dmg available for Macs now

Brian Friday brian.friday at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:01:19 PST 2010

Mike,

When I hand built padre I built it from the ground up starting with building a new perl in /opt and using that exclusively. So if your going to build it that would be my best recommendation. The padre and wxperl site had / has a good guide on building in snow leopard.

I have had a few attempts at using CPAN with the default install of perl on Leopard/Snow Leopard and pretty much I have come to the conclusion that it is not worth the hassle. I have started using local::lib rather successfully in my environments and a added bonus seems to be less issues with software updates (so far).

- Brian