[sf-perl] Padre Perl IDE .dmg available for Macs now

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 14 16:29:32 PST 2010

I tried Komodo very briefly sometime last summer, but I seem to have lost it when I rebuilt my Mac from scratch last fall. I'll have to give it another try.

Currently I use TextMate, which is awesome. It has great Perl support, so I'm pretty happy. It also lets you write your own tools, but I'd prefer someone else write the refactoring tools for me. There are plenty of existing modules for TextMate, but refactoring options seem to only be available for Ruby and maybe Python.

Thus my dreams of a Perl-spiffy refactoring IDE, a la IDEA for Java. It's my Holy Grail.

(And yes, I know I could use emacs. I just prefer to use the mouse occasionally.)

-- Mike
Mike Friedman | HighWire Press, Stanford Univ | friedman at highwire.stanford.edu