[sf-perl] running multiple perl versions

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 23 13:33:50 PST 2010

Joe Brenner <doom at kzsu.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Myself, what I tend to do is leave the system's version of perl
> alone, and build my own.  I also then need to do seperate installations
> of any perl modules I want to use with the different versions.
>
> So if need be I create "autobundles" using CPAN.pm or CPANPLUS.pm
> to clone an entire installation:
>
>   http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=726221

Thinking about this a bit more:

What I'd be interested in myself is a variation of CPAN/CPANPLUS that
installs modules for multiple perl versions simultaneously.

They key might be a simple engine that runs the same code repeatedly
using a list of perl binaries.

It might also be useful in running a test suite against a whole range
of perl's...