[sf-perl] modern resumes [was: Making our DPAN a reality]

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Tue Dec 14 10:02:40 PST 2010

David Alban writes:
 > i tend to give a url.  anyone with a browser can browse/print a web
 > page and/or forward a url...
 >
 > On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:43 AM, George Hartzell <hartzell at alerce.com> wrote:
 > > Interested?  Send me a brief email pitching your case and attach a
 > > CV.  +2 if it's a pdf, -5 if it's a .doc file.

True enough, but what you're sending me is a sales pitch that's trying
to convince me that you're a better candidate than all of the other
people who are sending me stuff.

Why would you do anything that makes it even the least little bit
harder for me to consider your application.

For all you know I'll be banging through these emails while BART'ing
home, or sitting somewhere where I *don't* have internet access
(e.g. a cabin in Kingsvale after a day's skiing).

g.