[sf-perl] poll: web or no?

Kevin Frost biztos at mac.com
Fri Apr 30 19:07:15 PDT 2010

Day job: 90 : 10 non-web to web, and the web part is predominantly internal stuff.

Private projects: about 50-50 IIRC, I've been painting more than programming in my free time for the last six months.

The work stuff is mostly e-mail filtering systems; on the private front, I find Perl is still my go-to language for Web back-ends even though I'm also big on Javascript.  Besides the advantage of familiarity, I think Perl's test options are so far ahead of anything else I've seen that I cringe at the thought of "proving" my stuff works in another language.  I'm kinda itching to do some crazy-ass data processing stuff in Scala on App Engine, but with a Perl back-end to anything humans might touch.

-- f.