[sf-perl] Perl 5.12

Tatsuhiko Miyagawa miyagawa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 15:16:43 PDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Paul Makepeace
<Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com> wrote:

> I interpreted that to mean "use strict;" is on by default and thought
> "holy cow".
>
>> http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/perl-5.12.0-RC3/pod/perl5111delta.pod
>
> However I don't see anything in there that's remotely like that; just
> that deprecated language features get a warning. Is that what you
> meant?

No, http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/perl-5.12.0-RC3/pod/perl5120delta.pod#Implicit_strictures
is the right document you should look at.

Implicit stricture means when you say "use 5.12.0" it automatically
enables strict, in addition to bringing in new language features. It
doesn't enable strict to scripts without them.

--
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa