[sf-perl] Emergency Social somewhere in the Bay Area?

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 2 00:40:22 PDT 2010

> Luis Motta Campos > <luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> > I'm visiting the Bay Area until the 20th of April, and I would love to
> > get in touch with the PMers around here. I'm staying at Campbell, nearby
> > San Jose, but I have a car available and can drive anywhere the PMers
> > decide is a good place for a meeting.

> > Is anyone up for a Social Meeting somewhere during the coming weeks?

Well, it seems like we have a tradition of getting together for
Indian food at "Naan-N-Curry" at 336 O'Farrell Street, between
Mason and Taylor...  maybe we can pick a date people would be up
for...

I hereby nominate Thursday April 8th... any seconds?

And here, we got OT:

> > As I don't have much plans for the coming weekend, suggestions are also
> > welcome. :)

Saturday, April 3rd, 11am-6pm, there's a "postgresql test fest" at
Noisebridge, which being a DBA you might have some interest in:

  http://postgresql.meetup.com/1/calendar/12794759/

Many other interesting things happen at Noisebridge:

  https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge

(A Ruby class at 6pm, right after the postgres event.)

The traditional way to celebrate Easter is with the Sisters of Perpetual
Indulgence, in Dolores Park, Sunday, April 4th, 12pm-4pm:

  http://www.thesisters.org/calendar.html

At 4pm there's the "bring-your-own-big-wheel" event, which meets at 20th
& Vermont, and races down a winding street on Portreo Hill:

  http://www.jonbrumit.com/byobw

Oh, and all weekend, over in Moscone Center there's Wondercon:

  http://www.comic-con.org/wc/