[sf-perl] MongoDB Slides

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 4 16:40:15 PDT 2009

Fred Moyer <fred at redhotpenguin.com> wrote:

> Huge thanks to Kristina (@kchodorow)

And many apologies on my part for consistently misspelling her
last name.  It's "Chodorow":

  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kristina-chodorow/15/290/30b

> for the MongoDB talk last night.
> Here is a link to the slides:
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/kchodorow/nonrelational-databases-1953646

By the way, this is my association with "Mongo" (I was never much
of a "Blazing Saddles" fan):

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ming_the_Merciless
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongo_(planet)
  http://flashgordon.wikia.com/wiki/Mongo

> Also, big thanks to Joe for providing a spot at Cellspace,

I'd be interested in hearing feedback on what people thought of using
the Cellspace meeting room.  We might continue to use it as a back-up
location in the future.

In general, I'd say that Cellspace has weaker Muni access, but easier
parking.  Distance from Bart is the same, though using the 16th &
Mission stop can be challenging for some people.

During hot weather like that, obviously an air-conditioned place would
be a better idea, but it's hard to plan on the weather around here more
than a week in advance.

Any other issues?

> Next meeting is the 22nd at Six Apart - email Joe if you want to give
> a Lightning Talk.

Indeed.  Just Hit Reply.